Most of you have probably tried Buffalo Chicken Dip. That was always a staple in my household growing up. This particular recipe is buffalo chicken dip with a twist! The crescent roll turns buffalo chicken into mini sandwich bite and compliments it really well. It’s easy, appropriate for any occasion (unless you’re throwing some 5-star dinner party), and is a dish that everyone appreciates.
INGREDIENTS (serves 12: assume 2 slices per person)
- 4 oz cream cheese (half of 8-oz package), softened
- 2/3 cup hot sauce or red pepper sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot)
- 2 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken (1/2-inch pieces). Sometimes I’ll just buy a precooked rotisserie from the store -OR- if you’re really pressed for time, you can use 20 oz. of canned white chicken breast.
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack & Colby Cheese
- 2 cans (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (I use Pillsbury brand)
- Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing for dipping (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and Frank’s hot sauce using a rubber spatula.
- Mix in the shredded chicken, Monterrey Jack & Colby cheese. Place aside.
- 1 can at a time, unroll the crescent rolls onto a large cookie sheet or several sheets of foil. You want to form 16 triangles into a Sublime-looking sun aka ring (sounds weird, right), leaving a small empty circle in the center (may be about 5-inches). The dough will overlap so don’t worry about that. It’s all being cooked in the end.
- Now that the ring is formed, place the chicken & cream cheese mixture on each triangle base closest to center of the ring. Spread the mixture evenly around the inner circle.
- Now you’re going to cleverly bring each triangle up over the filling. There will be a few inches of dough at the ends, so you want to tuck it under the center/ bottom layer of dough to lock it in.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the top layer reaches a golden brown. Cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into slices.
- Use Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing for dipping. Enjoy!
Be sure to check out our other easy savory recipes suitable for any occasion.