I came across these a while back when I had an extra strawberry cake mix and white chocolate chips in the cabinet. I didn’t want to make a cake so I came across these on Pinterest and figured it’d be something different than the ordinary chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin. If you like strawberry, you’ll love these. I think they are particularly clever to make around Valentine’s Day. They are super soft, moist and the white chocolate chips give it an extra texture that compliments really well. Get to baking!
INGREDIENTS (20-24 cookies)
- 1 Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbs Confectioners sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 TSP Vanilla
- 2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- Whisk together your eggs, vanilla & water. I have a small handheld mixer by KitchedAid that works great!
- In a separate bowl, combine the cake mix and baking powder. Stir until there are no lumps.
- Add egg mixture to cake mixture and stir all together just until all the ingredients are incorporated. Then fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the greased cookie sheet. TIP: The batter is super sticky so you must use a cookie scooper or if you don’t have one, then use a tablespoon to scoop the batter out and spoon onto the cookie sheet. Don’t be like me the first time and roll it into little balls in your hands. It won’t work and is a complete mess.
- Bake for 10 minutes. They won’t look like they’re cooked, but they are! You don’t want them to brown. Cool down, sprinkle some confectioners sugar and enjoy!
If you want to add frosting to the cookies, like I usually do (because I’m a fatcake) then allow the cookies to cool completely and get the icing started.
Be sure to check out our other easy savory recipes.